The Mason-Lake Conservation District’s Annual Household Hazardous Waste/Clean Sweep Collection Day is:
Saturday, August 15, 2015 at the Mason County Road Commission from 9am – 2pm.
In our 8 years of collection 2014 was our highest participation to date!
- We had 325 cars go through and 374 households.
- We recycled 1,663 lbs. of automotive batteries.
- We paid for 910 lbs. of household batteries/lithium to be recycled.
- We recycled 8 lbs. of phones and inkjet cartridges.
- We paid for disposal of 24,719 lbs. of Household Hazardous Waste and Non-controlled Pharmaceuticals.
- Clean Sweep paid for 2,850 lbs. of Pesticides.
- We collected and recycled 9,539 lbs. of Electronics & Appliances. (recycled)
Thank you everyone who helped make this another successful year for collecting hazardous waste. Everything we keep out of the landfill helps keep our ground water and environment clean.