http://www.mason-lakeconservation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/HHW-Items1.jpg 596w" sizes="(max-width: 596px) 85vw, 596px" width="596" height="329">
August 19, 2017
9am – 2pm
At Mason County Road Commission
+MIemail@example.com,-86.2735515,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x881c1de3fde86b5d:0x50153db2c578f274!8m2!3d43.954847!4d-86.2713628" data-wpel-link="external" target="_blank" rel="external noopener noreferrer">510 E. State St. Scottville, MI
Note: subject to early closure based on volume of received materials. Costs for disposal have increased in recent years, along with the number of collection participants! Donations are appreciated to help us take-in as much hazardous materials as our funding allows.
From Your Home: Aerosols, Batteries, Bug Sprays, Cell Phones, Chlorine Bleach, cleaning products, Electronics (TVs/Computers/radios), Fire Extinguishers, Floor Care Products, Florescent Light Bulbs, Ink Cartridges, Medicines, Mercury, Oven Cleaners, Small Appliances. Small freon containing appliances (mini fridges, window AC units) will be accepted for a $20 charge. Large freon appliances can be taken to Padnos free of charge (231) 845-0241.
From Your Garage: Antifreeze, Brake Fluid, Car Batteries, Car Wax, Diesel Fuel, Engine Cleaners, Fuel Oil, Gasoline, Grease, Kerosene, Motor Oil, Oil/Gas Mixes, Oil Filters, and Transmission Fluid.
From Your Workshop: Glues/Adhesives, Paint Brush Cleaners, Wood Stain, and oil-based Paint Products.
From Your Farm, Yard & Garden: Fertilizers, Fungicides, Herbicides, Insecticides, Mouse/Rat Poison, Pesticides, and Pool Chemicals.
Ammunition, Explosives, Household Trash, Tires, Latex Paint and Styrofoam.
- Latex paint can be safely disposed of by opening the can to air dry and adding cat litter, sawdust or other absorbant materials. Once dry, the paint can be disposed of in your regular garbage. If you have a lot, it may be possible to donate it to the local Habiat For Humanity ReStore (231) 843-0396.
Tips for Safe Transportation:
- Keep items (especially pharmaceuticals) in their original and labeled containers.
- Do NOT mix contents of unknown or unlabeled containers.
- Do NOT transport containers with open lids.
- Secure all containers so they cannot slide, tip or spill.
This event is available to Mason County residents. Pre registration is required for amounts exceeding 200 pounds of chemicals. We will not accept materials before or after the event. Participation is free, although donations are accepted and appreciated!
Volunteers are needed before and during the event. Please contact the Mason-Lake Conservation District if interested at (231) 757-3707 ext 5.
Contact Mason-Lake Conservation District for more information.